Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Archaeology, why you should do it

I quite recently started to level my warlock past level 70 in Borean Tundra, I've done this zone and all of the northrend zones at least 5 times over the course of Wrath of the Lich King since i was changing servers so often. I got bored about 10-20 quests in and then an aquaitance on the JMTC IRC pointed out that you can skip northrend by doing archaeology, I then proceeded to go with his advice. I started out and went to my first dig site, which was in stranglethorn vale, and did my first survey and ok I got an artifact and then i noticed that I got 11730 xp for 1 artifact and I was like game on and got up to 135ish archaeology and started to gain levels mad fast, unfortunately I don't think you get any xp for solving artifacts. I also noticed that the common items vendored for 1 gold coin each and I looked to see if it was a bug or a glitch, but blizzard buffed the vendor value of the items in the recent patch. I believe that the xp/hour is much higher than questing is and I believe if you want you can exploit this, if you're not after zin'rokh or any epic like that for your main character, by simply not skilling up the profession past 450 and I believe you will still get insane amounts of experience points.

Thanks for reading and please leave a comment below and follow my blog and feel free to ad me to your blogroll and email me and I will do the same for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment